Cazalla Intercultural – who we are?
Cazalla Intercultural is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the field of non-formal education and to promote and support volunteering. We work mainly with the Erasmus+ program on the international level and with other local grants such as Caixa Bank’s one. We have an agreement with the City of Lorca and collaborate with it´s Youth Department in running a local Youth Center (Centro de recursos y formación juvenil M13) and giving information about mobility to young people .
- Contribute to local development and tolerance between cultures
- Promote human rights education
- Promote volunteering as a way of learning
- Contribute to improving the quality of youth work
- Create international networks with which to collaborate on global projects
- Promote mobility as a learning experience among young
- To help young people to be active citizens and participate in the European context
- Preventing gender violence among young people and contribute to gender equality.
Our points of attention:
- The Human Rights
- Global challenges
- The Interculturality
- Citizenship and participation of young people
- The prevention of gender based violence among youth
- Non-formal education
- Creativity and quality in youth work
- The active participation of citizens
About the EVS projects
We are looking for THREE people aged 18 – 30 and resident in any of the EU countries who would like to join our team or the Residencia de Ancianos San Diego‘s one this year. The projects are funded by the Erasmus+ programme (accommodation, return tickets, meals and pocket money covered) and we coordinate them. Both project take place in Lorca, in the region of Murcia (Spain).
1 PERSON FOR THE RESIDENCIA DE ANCIANOS – the project is starting as soon as possible and finishing at the end of December 2019. The volunteer is going to support the team of the elderly center and will be able to propose his/her own activities. The center has already welcomed volunteers and currently their collaborating with one volunteer.
Description of the activities: https://www.dropbox.com/s/
2 PEOPLE FOR THE M13 Centro de Formación y Recursos Juveniles de Lorca – the projects are starting on the 17th of June 2019 and are lasting 12 months. The volunteers are going to support the coordination of the activities in the youth center and our team with some administrative tasks. Our target group are young people between 14 and 30 years, but in July there will also be a summer school for little kids, here you have the description of the activity:https://www.dropbox.com/s/
📨📨📨 HOW TO APPLY: send your CV and COVER LETTER by the 17th of May in English or Spanish to the coordinator at beatrice@cazalla-intercult