- Nº DE PLAZAS + PAÍS –CIUDAD: 1 plaza de voluntariado en Alavus (Finlandia)
- Número del proyecto:
- Nombre del proyecto: Alavus youth services, Finland
- País: Finlandia
- Ciudad: Alavus
- Entidad: Alavuden nuorisopalvelut
- Fecha de inicio: Marzo 2018
- Fecha de finalización: Agosto 2018
- Duración: 6 meses
- Temas: youth work assistant, services, youth
- Plazas vacantes: 1 plaza
- Fecha límite para solicitarlo: 25.2.2018
- Mail de contacto: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cómo solicitarlo: Envíanos un e-mail con tu curriculum y una carta de motivación (ambos en inglés)
Alavus is a town of 12000 inhabitants located in Southern-Botnia, Finland, surrounded with beautiful evergreen nature, and although we’re a bit furhter away from “city lights”, there’s regular bus and train connections to the next big cities (Seinäjoki, Jyväskylä, Tampere). In the cities next to us there’s also communities of exchange students, that already link us with international people. The perk of living in a small town is that that one gets to enjoy the nature, get to know the people and become a part of the community (i.e. through hobbies and sports groups) in a short time.
Alavus youth work offers services mainly for young people between the age of 13 – 25 years old. Besides offering almost daily “open youth house” activities, we organize camps, trips, clubs and trainings for young people of Alavus. Working with young people also means working with their families and other partner organisations (i.e. schools, NGOs) in the area on regular basis. We have 2 youth houses as the “basis of our operations”, lead by 2 youth workers. The volunteers would mostly be working in the two youth houses “Lymy and Kaktus”, located about 10 km apart (one in Alavus centre, other in Töysä) from each other, having the opportunity to work with young people of Alavus, practicing and learning youth work skills. Beside this parts of the weekly routine would be to cooperate and work with students studying and vacational school Luovi, and cooperating with other schools in the area, i.e. giving “international lessons” to the classes
Resumen de tareas
The main task of the volunteer would be to act as an “youth work assistant” to the 2 local youth workers in Alavus. The volunteer would work 5 days a week (6-8 hours / day). The foreseen tasks would be to:
- Organizing and hosting daily youth house activities such as theme days, cooking nights, cultural evenings and just “hanging around” and supporting / talking the young people and being the “safe adult” for them
- Doing school visits to the local schools, informing about EVS, international opportunities and the volunteers own experiences
- Organizing and taking part in events, excursions and camps (especially summer time) for the young people of Alavus
- Working in Luovi vacational school organizing “club-like activities” beside classes, and support the informal education happening in a school setting.
The volunteer would be living in a studio apartment in Alavus centre, close to the working place and all necessary services (library, shops, bus station). The volunteer would have a bicycle to move around for work and leisure time, and have transportation when needed to move for work together with the youth workers.
Beside the pocket money (120 € / month), the volunteer would get money for daily / food shopping, sufficient to cover all the basic needs. There’s also a possibility to have cooked lunch on week days at the local school canteine, as well as sometimes in the youth houses (cooking evenings). Beside the colleagues supporting the volunteer at work, they would also have a mentor supporting and introducing the volunteer to free-time activities and hobbies in Alavus. There’s also several other EVS volunteers in the region at the same time, and it would be a regular possibility to cooperate and have a “network” of them to share the free-time.
Fotos y links:
RECIBE OFERTAS SVE
APÚNTATE A NUESTRA LISTA DE CORREO SI DESEAS RECIBIR OPORTUNIDADES DE SVE