- Nombre del proyecto: “NOVEMBER OF POSSIBILITIES!”
- País: Finlandia
- Ciudad: Virrat
- Entidad: Marttinen
- Fecha de inicio: 08/11/2017
- Fecha de finalización: 02/12/2017
- Duración: 3 weeks
- Plazas vacantes: 3 plazas
- Fecha límite para solicitarlo:
- Mail de contacto: beatrice(@)cazalla-intercultural.org
- Cómo solicitarlo: envíanos un e-mail con tu curriculum y una carta de motivación (ambos en inglés)
Descripción del proyecto
The project will bring together 12 volunteers from 5 countries (Slovenia, Spain, Slovakia, Ireland & Estonia) to Marttinen Youth Centre, Virrat, Finland (www.marttinen.fi). During the one 25-day long EVS project the volunteers are going to work and interact with local people in the region, organising international activities and workshops in the rural area surrounding Marttinen Youth Centre. The volunteers will have an active role in setting up workshops both in the surrounding municipalities and their young people, as well as creating an “ international possibilities day” in Marttinen youth centre in the end of the 3-week period.
Virrat is a countryside town with approximately 7500 inhabitants, situated in the middle beautiful Finnish lakeside nature, about 280km north of Helsinki. The town of Virrat offers all the essential services for working and living leisure time activities, including sports and music activities for young people. Youth Centre Marttinen is located about 5 km from the Virrat town centre. Marttinen surroundings offer a lot of cultural value through its history. The centre main building used to be an old rectory, built in 1892 and a traditional village (with old Finnish countryside) architecture has been built around it, now being used for the youth centre purposes.
To get some impressions from the place, you can have a look at this video from last year’s similar EVS project: https://player.vimeo.com/video/201284479
Resumen de tareas
Why are we doing this project?
The aim of the Group of EVS project is to promote and inform young people and youth workers about international possibilities, especially EVS as an opportunity for learning and furthermore support local actors and communities to start benefitting from international projects. In order to support the aim, we foresee the following concrete objectives:
- Volunteers will create non-formal workshops and visits as a team to the regions (Pirkanmaa) municipalities, where young people and youth workers can learn about EVS opportunities
- Volunteers will create materials using their own stories to share through the workshops organized, and informing/encouraging local young people to become more international
- Volunteers will create promotional tools and methods to support the engagement of local level actors towards international activities
- Volunteers will create an activity day (open doors day in the end of the activity) in the end of the project for the region’s young people and people interested about international possibilities.
- Volunteers will be trained by professionals, and have an opportunity to learn about:
- planning, implementing and evaluating workshops, along initiative taking skills
- working in an intercultural team, communication skills
- Finnish youth work structures and methodologies, including rural youth work, youth policy
- leadership and project management skills, along with social and competences
The schedule of tasks of volunteer will be fixed to 6-8 hours per day for 5 days a week. The activities will te taking place mainly from Monday till Fridays – leaving Saturday and Sunday free days for you to enjoy either alone or with the group together.
You will live in a Youth Hostel, located in the same building where will the Marttinen youth centre. Volunteers will be sharing rooms 2-3 people together, boy and girls will have separate rooms and bathrooms. Each room has its own bathroom and showers. The youth centre has wifi connection all around it´s premises, and there is a living room and kitchen, where volunteers will cook together and spend their free time.
Normal day in Finland includes, breakfast, lunch, coffee break and evening meal. You will eat your breakfast and lunch in the youth centre’s restaurant and for the dinners volunteers cooking together (with all the ingredients you need and wish provided) by the youth centre. So it’s an opportunity for a bit of international cooking together, in case you want to bring some special ingredient with you!
The volunteers will have basic Finnish lessons amended to be a part of the first weeks schedule.
You will receive an of pocket money in the first days of the EVS, of the amount of 100€ which is calculates as for 25 days. Maybe you want to take the bus to the nearest city during the weekend, or just do some sightseeing in the area otherwise! We will help you with organising this kind of things in your leisure time too!
RECIBE OFERTAS SVE
APÚNTATE A NUESTRA LISTA DE CORREO SI DESEAS RECIBIR OPORTUNIDADES DE SVE