European Youth Educational Centre Magdeburg (EJBM)
Luettgen-Ottersleben 18a 39116 Magdeburg
Application via: https://forms.gle/iZWu1aCtkNtizHFN6
Young people wanting to join the project should (aka your responsibilities):
- be 18+, outgoing and willing to spend 2 months with people from all around Europe;
- support of youth educational and multigenerational activities of the EJBM, i.e. country nights, preparation of workshops;
- be ready to travel to other centers in the region of Saxony-Anhalt and help to organize activities there;
- help with implementation of workshops and events at EJBM;
- be able to quickly decide whether participant want to join the team;
- be interested in learning German/speak German a little;
- be ready to self-organized (cooking, cleaning, project content);
- prepare for an amazing spring!
Facts about the volunteering team and the place you’ll live in:
- 15 young people (18-30 years) from 13 different countries;
- accommodation in shared bedrooms at the EJBM;
- pocket money, food and/or the possibility to cook will be provided;
- you will have fun and at the same time help the local community.
ERASMUS+ will pay the travel expenses up to a fixed amount calculated from the distance between the location of the sending organization and the location of the placement of the volunteers (Magdeburg). Please calculate the distance between Magdeburg and your sending organization using the distance calculator.
The maximum fixed amounts per return trip and person are:
- 10-99 km 20,00 € / person
- 100-499 km 180,00 € / person
- 500-1,999 km 275,00 € / person
- 2,000-2,999 km 360,00 € / person
Please note the following:
- Try to find the most economical way of traveling. | Book the tickets as soon as possible.
- To reimburse travel expenses, Bildungsnetzwerk Magdeburg gGmbH needs the ORIGINAL travel documents with date, location (from where to where), name of the traveller and price visible.
- E-Tickets/-Invoices must be accompanied by proof of payment.
- Missing tickets will not be reimbursed.
- Travel expenses will only be reimbursed up to the actual amount payable.
We reimburse the travel support after the volunteering activity when we received all the boarding passes/ticket/invoices. We reimburse in one amount to the sending organization’s or the volunteer’s bank account.
Volunteers need the EU blue card or an equivalent valid insurance card. You will be registered with the insurance for the European Solidarity Corps “CIGNA”. Volunteers are responsible to take medication/pills they need with them. They have to inform us about illnesses and allergies!
All volunteers will stay in the city of Magdeburg at the European Youth Educational Centre Magdeburg in share rooms, towels and sheets are provided.
All volunteers receive 5.00 EUR pocket money per day. The pocket money will be paid out on a regular bases.
provided by our canteen or the volunteers will have to cook by themselves. They will be provided with a kitchen for cooking in a community room.
The volunteers will have to sign a photo/video/audio allowance upon arrival. Their data will be processed considering European regulations.
European Youth Educational Centre
Organized by: Simon Barthelemy, Oleh Popov, Oleksandra Pasenchenko, Charlotte Levesque, Antonia Pilz
The project is funded by the ERASMUS+ European Solidarity Corps programme of the European Union.