- Título: OLE
- Financia: Erasmus+
- Fechas del proyecto: 1-9-2017 al 29-2-2020
- Duración: 30 meses
- Lugar de celebración: UK, Spain, Italy
This project was born from a very clear need: due to new migrations, schools are overcrowded and they need tools and resources to respond to the new classrooms. On the other hand, immigrant students of first and second generation have needs for coexistence and adaptation to the new culture without losing their identity, and these needs go beyond language learning. Teachers and educators have analyzed this problem in the classroom and met with representatives of associations, to see how, through a joint project, we can create new materials and prepare teachers to support immigrant students in its acquisition of competences, not only linguistic, but also civic and social, and develop with them the concept and practice of «good treatment» both with themselves (through encouraging self esteem) and others (developing empathy, conflict resolution, etc).
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Provide teachers with the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to implement language teaching for foreigners through holistic and experiential learning in the classroom.
- Exchange experiences and intersectoral perspectives combining formal and nonformal education to improve the integration of migrant children in the classroom.
- Implement a system of recognition of linguistic, social and intercultural learning using the methodology of gamification.
- Introduce, as a transversal content to develop in the classroom, the concept of «good treatment«, understood as a positive attitude that improves self esteem and social and intercultural skills of students and work with them on the universal values we share.
- Create a handbook for educators with activities transferable to contexts of schools with large numbers of migrants students to combine language learning and development of intercultural and social competences.
Socios del proyecto
|2||Ayuntamiento de Lorca||Spain|
Activities during the project
Once developed, we will have a training course for teachers, where they can familiarize themselves with the manual and with the methods of experiential education. These teachers and educators will implement the manual with their students in multipier events in every country. Thanks to this you can then correct and adapt the manual, translate, publish and present it to teachers and educators in multiplier events for teachers. We will hold 5 transnational meetings and 10 virtual meetings to monitor the project process.
El proyecto Open Learning Experience está cofinanciado por el programa Erasmus+ de la Unión Europea. El contenido de esta web es responsabilidad exclusiva de Cazalla Intercultural y ni la Comisión Europea, ni el Servicio Español para la Internacionalización de la Educación (SEPIE) son responsables del uso que pueda hacerse de la información aquí difundida.
BLOG OPEN LEARNING EXPERIENCE
En un mundo globalizado, en el cual la diversidad es cada vez más habitual tanto en el trabajo como en la vida en general, la competencia intercultural se hace cada vez más necesarias. Para iniciar la reflexión sobre este tema podemos utilizar este pequeño vídeo. Y...